As homeowners, we often find ourselves needing more space, more organization, and more practicality within our living area. While you may consider expanding your home with an addition, a creative and transformative option is to convert an existing space. For this project, we converted half of a two car garage into a stylish and organized mudroom.
Our client needed a space to serve as a central hub for their busy lives – a place to store coats, shoes, backpacks, and sports equipment. With active teenage children in the mix, the need for this accessible yet efficiently organized space was paramount to prevent equipment and belongings from cluttering living spaces of the home.
Project Cost: $40,000 – $70,000
- Reconfigured a two car garage into a new mudroom plus a one car garage with storage.
- Added a 16′ Pent roof above the mudroom and garage door to add cover from the weather and a significant architectural detail on an otherwise big, boring wall.
- The Pent roof is accented with properly sized support brackets and LED lighting in the ceiling along with a lovely wall sconce between the two doors.
- Designed, built, and installed custom cabinetry in the mudroom to cater to the family’s storage needs. Storage includes extra deep closets for hanging coats and storing oversized sports gear, wall hooks for bookbags, daily wear, and dog leashes, a bench with storage drawers for shoes and gloves, and a floating wall shelf for hats and bike helmets.
- The completed space also includes ample LED lighting to help find what you’re looking for and durable porcelain floor tiles that clean up easily when muddy dogs or boots leave a mess.
- We even installed an electronic doggie door in the door to the garage, so the family’s two dogs can come and go as the need arises.
- It is a hard working space with a clean aesthetic that complements the connected living area.
What we design we build.