Dovetail Group is hiring!
Construction Field Manager
Positions available in
- West Chester, PA
- Wilmington, DE
- New York, NY
- Philadelphia, PA
Dovetail Group, under the direction of owner Jonathan Scholl, has been designing and building custom residential projects for the past 16 years. The company is in a rapid growth period, with projected sales in excess of $1.5M for 2021/22 which is double the volume in past years. To meet customers’ needs and maintain the highest level of design and construction capabilities, Jonathan has concluded that his talents are best served focusing on the design and customer service functions of the business. To enable Jonathan to focus on his passion, he needs to find a team member who is equally passionate about producing the work that Dovetail designs.
The mission of Dovetail Group is “excellence through design and craftsmanship,” and we’re looking for those who strive for the same.
- We believe in work/life balance with family always coming first and work being enjoyable
- We utilize top technologies in our industry including Sketchup 3D design software and Buildertrend project management software
- We expect exceptional results and work ethic in the office and in the field
- We are looking for team members who want to make their work a career, not just a job
- 10+ years experience in construction with knowledge of all aspects of residential building: framing, concrete, drywall, cabinetry, finish trim work, tile, etc.
- Excellent people skills, professionalism, integrity, passion, hard work and attention to detail
- Ability to manage a small team of carpenters and apprentices while also working alongside of them
- Willingness to embrace all aspects of completing projects in the field knowing you don’t have to worry about sales, design, purchasing or other office operations.
- Interest in continuous professional development by reading trade magazines like JLC and Fine Homebuilding, along with attending trade-specific training seminars and industry trade shows
- Vision and passion to help grow Dovetail Group to $3M-$4M in annual sales
- Read and interpret architectural drawings and design renderings
- Coordinate all manpower, materials and tools required in the field on a daily basis
- Assist in the development of project schedules and successfully implementing them in the field with the necessary focus to move them smoothly to completion (we generally have no more than 2-3 projects in production at any time)
- Overseeing and evaluating all existing subcontractors and developing new trade partner relationships that share the same work ethic as Dovetail Group
- Interacting and communicating with office and clients to maintain efficient and cost effective projects
- Willingness to get the job done, regardless of assigned responsibilities
Additional capabilities you can offer:
- Your own work truck with tools. Company will pay for gas when used during company time
- Existing relationships with:
- Local subcontractors and/or additional team members
- Clients, architects and suppliers who could help Dovetail Group grow