This renovation project involved the front foyer of our clients’ home. A space that was so uninviting that they had never used it in the 45+ years they had lived in the home! We were remodeling many areas of their home…inside and out…and they really wanted to turn this space into something special. An entry space that all of their guests would want to use and our clients would be proud to show off. Our clients would also get to enjoy the new space everyday since it leads directly into their family room. The end result is a warm and welcoming area to greet guests and a visually attractive space for the homeowners to enjoy.
Dovetail Group won the 2020 DelChester National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) Contractor of the Year Award in the Interior Element Under $30,000 category for this project.
- Focused all efforts to make the foyer a jewel box of finishes.
- Worked with a custom door fabricator to design an heirloom quality door for the front entry. The door included an insulated glass panel to let light in.
- Installed 12”x24” Creme Marfil floor tile and matching 5”x12” baseboard.
- Installed a custom 36” diameter marble medallion on the floor that complemented the design of the door.
- Worked with a local craftsman to finish the walls with custom, hand-applied Venetian Plaster with a burnished finish.
- Built a custom radiator enclosure to cover the existing radiator.
- Selected hand-hammered wall sconces with linen shades to create a warm ambiance.
- Installed new windows.
- Removed the interior door so the homeowners can see the foyer from other areas of the house.
“What we design is what we build.”
These are the drawings we shared with the homeowners that show the different size tiles available for the flooring. Which tile size would you choose?
Before & After Photos:
The old front door was a solid slab door that did not let light in and was almost impossible to open. It was not very welcoming. The new door is a creative, fresh design with a glass panel to let light in.
The paint on the walls was peeling and the windows did not work. Remodeling included new windows and a custom wall finish.
The radiator cover is from the 1950s. We designed a new custom cover to update the radiator.
Walls were transformed to create a warm, inviting foyer.