For this project, we completed a master bathroom makeover for clients from Europe. They wanted a complete gut renovation of their master bathroom to create a master spa area with large format tile, clean lines, and color. The renovation goal was a space that is very well-organized for easy daily use with a comfortable and relaxing environment.
Project Cost: $101,000 – $150,000
- Incorporated a steam sauna into the construction of the large walk-in shower.
- Installed a soaking tub and his and her vanity so they would each have their own space.
- Built a custom sliding door at the entry from the master bedroom.
- Used Porcelanosa tile throughout. Porcelanosa is a Spanish company that produces large format tiles in a variety of colors and textures.
- Installed Kohler fixtures for quality and design aesthetic options.
- Joined the existing space that had two separate rooms—one for the vanity and one for the shower and tub—and eliminated the linen closet. The result was a larger, single, light-filled room with good sightlines.
- Incorporated several sets of lighting on dimmer switches so different moods can be created for applying makeup, soaking in the tub and other daily activities.
“What we design is what we build.”
We did 12 design revisions for this project! This was great though because the client was really trying to dial into exactly how the final project would work. It’s much less expensive to make changes to our 3D model to “test” different materials, fixtures or paint colors than it is to complete the work in the field and then decide “oh, that’s not what I expected!”
Before & After Photos:
The before and after photos show the dramatic transformation of the space.
- Installed a Kohler Veil Intelligent automated toilet dual-flush capability and built-in bidet personal cleansing system.
- Used spray foam and Rockwool insulation products in the shower walls to minimize moisture condensation and maximize sound reduction.
- Added LED lighting throughout the space.
- Used water-efficient faucets and showerheads.
- Installed a properly vented exhaust fan on a push-button timer switch to ensure the removal of moisture from the space.
Dovetail Group also renovated the homeowner’s laundry room during the master bath project. Prior to these projects, we remodeled two kids’ bathrooms and the first-floor powder room for the client.