This kitchen renovation project involved a kitchen that had a nice layout, but its style and functionality were not up to par. The stark white cabinets with white tile backsplash and blue flecked solid surface countertops were cold and uninviting. We gave the kitchen an update to create a warm and welcoming space.
- Replaced cabinet doors with a cleaner more contemporary flat panel door style.
- Painted cabinet doors a warm, buttermilk white.
- Installed crown molding.
- Replaced the kitchen island with a new, custom cherry island with fluted corner columns and raised panel fronts and doors. The island countertop is flamed, black granite. The dramatic styling and colors of the island work well as a centerpiece to the rest of the kitchen.
- Used Cambria quartz for the perimeter countertops.
- Added a little bling above the stove with glass 4″ x 8″ tiles with a center mosaic of four 12″ x 12″ ceramic tiles bordered by mixed glass and stone mini tiles.
- Used 3-panel glass doors to accent three of the wall cabinets.
- Installed in-cabinet lighting so our client can display her pottery collection.